Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm Sad



I think this picture makes me look creepy. Doesn't even really look like me. I just realized that I don't think I've ever seen a picture of me frowning before. Maybe that's why. But it was my attempt to show you how sad I feel.
I am sad! I'll tell you why.
Today I got released as Young Women's President. I've known for a while that I was going to be released and thought I'd come to grips with it all. But apparently I hadn't. I felt immediately heartsick. I will miss being in this calling! I will miss the girls a ton. I will miss all the super cool ladies I worked with on my board. I will miss so many things about it. The new president is a great person who I think will be fantastic! She's a friend of mine who I have really liked since I met her. She was my Secretary too. So knowing the girls are in good hands is a big consolation. But can someone take the ache away please?

11 comments:

Cristin said...

(hugs)I think I cried more than my girls when I was released as the Laurels Adviser. Working with the YW is so fun!

Memzy said...

I felt the same way when I was released as Primary Pres. I knew it had to come and I thought it would feel fine but when it actually happened I bawled like a baby.

Memzy said...

ps. you don't look weird at all. just sad.

Emily said...

I love this picture!

I'm sorry you are sad. I can totally understand why. As sad as you are, I'm sure your girls are even more sad. I know how much they loved you. Be happy though, great things lie ahead for you! Enjoy the break.
Love you!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

I don't think you look creepy at all. I think people just don't like to see others or themselves looking sad. It's human nature. I hope you start feeling better as you think of how much fun you'll have in Utah with your sister! Then we here at home will be the sad ones. :)

E said...

You look gorgeous! My blog is full of hideous pictures of me. Every once in a while, I post a gorgeous picture of myself so people don't think I'm ugly all the time.

And you could totally still be Young Women's president long distance. What were they thinking, releasing you? They tried to release me from my calling about a year and a half ago, and I said, "Aw, man..." and they were like, "Oh, do you have a 'feeling' that you should keep this calling?" and I was like, "Um, yeah, that's it!" and they said, "OK, you better keep it then. Sorry we bothered you."

willmottfamily said...

Gwtting released is usually hard, especially from a presidency position. Moving is really hard because there are so many changes. Every time I moved I kept sane by planning fun things for us to do in our new town that we couldn't really do in our old town. I hope that helps!

Jennifer P. said...

your picture reminds me of the look my dog would give me when she really, really wanted to go in the car with me :). But your eyes look gorgeous!

so many changes I know. I hope you end up with another great group of YW in the new house, and get put right back into the same calling :)!

Dalana and Mark said...

I think the picture is a very pretty one of you. I'm sorry you're sad. Like Emily said, I'm sure the girls are even more sad to see you go. Good luck w/ all of the packing

Anna B said...

Ok, I'm not going to lie to you. That picture looks a little freaky. I guess I'm just not used to seeing you so sad. I know something that will make you HAPPY!

Elli said...

You make me sad, and you make me cry. You could just stay, you know. I'd even give you back your calling!

I miss you already.