Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Yeah, it's true.

I have nothing else to talk about so here goes....


My mom posted a message on her blog last week about our "exciting news". She didn't specify, but it kind of gave it away. I'm pregnant! We weren't being terribly secretive about it, but not announcing it to all either. Steve finally gave me the go-ahead to share.



The truth of the matter is, I'm getting fat. In fact, I had some lady from church ask me if I was pregnant. I asked her how she knew before I realized it was because I'm gaining weight. But by golly, I'm gonna let myself gain weight. The reason is, it shouldn't be too long before I'll be puking my guts out. I'm actually surprised I'm not puking yet. In my previous 4 pregnancies, I had about 8 months of severe nausea. So while I still can, I am enjoying food. So now the world knows...world wide web that is.
It's crazy. But it's true. And what is even better is, I am thrilled about it! I'll be due in August.
Guess who else is pregnant? Brittney Spears' little sister Jamie Lynn Spears, who is 16. Pretty cool! I thought if she could be courageous enough to come out with her news to "OK!" then, I can come out with it too.

Maybe we can be pregnant buddies?

12 comments:

Emily said...

Finally. I didn't know if you were ever going to announce it! I'm glad you aren't sick (yet)! Can't wait to see you next week!

Robyn said...

I've been watching your blog to see when you were going to post your wonderful news.I keep thinking about you and wondering how you were feeling. Maybe the fifth time is the charm, huh?

Cristin said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you! Especially because it isn't me! lol You might get lucky with the nausea, with 2 of my kids I was sick all 9 and 9 1/2 months but the other 2 I was sick only 5 months. I'll cross my fingers for ya.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Amanda! Good luck with the whole Nausia thing. Its been so long for me I cant even remeber what it feels like. I will tell Jamie lyn to call ya

Anonymous said...

Congrats Amanda! Good luck with the whole Nausia thing. Its been so long for me I cant even remeber what it feels like. I will tell Jamie lyn to call ya

eekareek said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you (and a little envious). With Wolfe I was sick for 5 months, Wini I was sick for 9 months and Teddy I was sick for 2 weeks so you never know. I hope you don't get sick. Let me know if you need any help with kids or errands. I come into Boise Tues. through Thurs. and am more than willing to help out.

Memzy said...

Amanda, anyone who knows you can only wish you the very best in life and everything else. You are amazing.

PS. How cute is your beeday dedication to Cracker?!! ::kissy face::

Vegas Family said...

Congratulations to you both. Your a wonderful mother and I am sure your new little babe is excited to join your gang. I hope you stay well through Christams and are able to enjoy it all. I wish you the best.

Andrew Waite said...

congrats lucy!!! THIS time you can name it after ME!

Dalana and Mark said...

Congratulations Steve, Amanda and family! We're very excited for you guys and are anxious for a new niece or nephew to love!

E said...

Congratulations! I was beginning to wonder if the Bishop family was complete. How exciting for you. Good luck with the whole nausea thing--does that mean you don't gain 40-50 lbs like the rest of us???

Markie23 said...

Two spirits in heaven
Two mommies on earth
Heads - Amanda
Tails - Jamie Lynn

Congratulation Amanda, and whoever calls Heads.