Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tales of teeth, testimony, peeing and climbing

Becca came in my room this morning to tell me that last night Eden pulled her tooth out for her. She then proceeded to say:
"You know how you find out if the Tooth Fairy is real? You lose a tooth, put it under your pillow, don't tell your Mom and Dad that you lost it, then in the morning you look under your pillow and see if you got any money. That's how I found out. I did^ and my tooth was still there." Something tells me an older sibling gave her this idea. Oh well, I was sick of playing Tooth Fairy anyhow.
***
On Sunday during Fast and Testimony Meeting Celeste and Becca wanted to share their testimonies. Eden has gone up several times, Celeste maybe a couple before, but never Becca. She's only 6 and I wondered if she was really capable of going up there on her own and do anything but giggle and breathe like Darth Vader in the microphone. But I wasn't about to go up there with her. So we just let her go up and held our breath.

This is exactly what she said:
"I love to bear my testimony. I know this Church is true"...(Breathing in microphone, awkward pause...) "When I choose the right I feel the Spirit"....(more breathing and nervous pause, desperate glance at the Bishopric. Ask them for a quick reminder on how to finish this... Then in a big rush-) "Jesus Christ Amen."

We were relieved and proud. It was cute. She's a fun kid and we've really really enjoyed having her around.

***
On Saturday we went up the Canyon with Steve's family. We had a good time. We took a little hike up to the falls. Jonah and Steve took it a lot further than I was willing to risk with the girls.
So that^ was a close-up of them, very zoomed in on the camera. Here's another photo I took standing from the same spot, and they are standing in the same spot too, right in front of that water falling.
Becca peeing in the water. (No potty's around.) It's really no different than a public pool, but this time we had a better excuse than merely being too lazy to use the toilet.
Steve wore his pants like this until we got home and a little after btw.

3 comments:

Kam said...

Looks like a fun hike! And Becca's tooth fairy story is great. She's a sneaky one, huh?!

Emily said...

I love your kids. They crack me up! Can't wait to have you all here next week! Can you say PARTAY?!

Dalana and Mark said...

First of all, Congrats on expecting a baby!! How are you feeling? We're excited for you guys and will be saying prayers for you and baby (and Steve and kids, too).

That is so cute about Becca's testimony. Good job, Becca!

We'll be in Utah the week before the Bishop reunion. I hope we get to see you and your family. From Emily's comment it sounds like you're going away. Have fun! When will you be getting home? Love you guys!