Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Milestone

My blog has hit more than 30,000 views. How did that happen? Kinda exciting!

Well my life has really slowed down lately. It's left me doing what I probably do too much. Think. I was fortunate to see this talk on TV not too long ago. It was a rebroadcast of a talk called "Learning from our conflicts." I learned so much from it. But mostly I've come to realize that I've still got a lot to learn. The topic of conflict has become one of the most fascinating topics for me to think about. I think the main point of the talk is stated in what the speaker said here:
"When we remember our conflicts and reflect on them, they are like mirrors that can teach us things about ourselves that are otherwise difficult to discover. If we permit them, our conflicts will show us where we are weak, defensive, prideful, or otherwise in need of repair."

Then he goes on to teach you how to accomplish that. Pretty cool stuff. If you want to read it, I say go for it. It's really beneficial. Here it is.
I still feel like I'm trying to figure myself out. I think I got a late start at it. (Like as in a month or so ago.) And therefore I think it can be frustrating for those around me who feel settled with who they are to deal with someone like me who is behind in the game. I'm hoping I will get there soon. Makes me feel like a teenager kind of...

No comments: