Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Knee Surgery

I had knee surgery on March 21st.  I got a new ACL and my meniscus was repaired.  I got an ACL from a cadaver, which I think was pretty neat.  I was given instructions from the hospital staff on how to write a "thank you" letter to the family of the donor. I sent off that letter this week.  
The procedure went well.  I had a typical recovery, I believe.  I still am working on that.  I was spoiled by my family and friends and so well cared for, that I think it made the recovery way better than it could have been. I was so incredibly thankful for that!  These photos are super nasty, but here are a couple of photos of my legs a few days after surgery.  The swelling was pretty enormous.  The pain was bad, but bearable, fortunately.  

I need to post a photo now of how it looks, but it looks so much better, but I am not really in the mood to take more photos of my legs.  Just take my word for it.  I did have someone at church today actually ask me to raise up my floor length skirt so that they could see my knees.  Kind of funny.

No comments: