Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas stuff

I've been doing this for a few years.  On Christmas Eve, late at night after getting all the gifts set up, I block off the stairway for the kids to come upstairs and leave them with a note.  Here's this year's:
Gotta get something out of them; and what a great motivator Christmas presents are!  This is the stairway blocked with wrapping paper.
On Christmas Eve, the kids all on their own decided they were going to act out the Nativity.  It was pretty cute.  Sam was a very reluctant baby Jesus and ran off.
Christmas Eve, in the afternoon, Steve and I went and saw Ballet West's The Nutcracker!  That was so fun for me!  I have actually only seen The Nutcracker live once before.  Every other time I was in it.  They did a great job!  I am a big fan of the show Breaking Pointe, which is a reality show about Ballet West.  So it made it even more interesting for me to know some about the personal lives of the dancers.
Janice and her kids came over for dinner and a Christmas talent show the night before Christmas Eve.  They were their own little orchestra and played us some good music.

1 comment:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

I love the wrapping paper/clean up their rooms idea for Christmas morning. Brilliant!
Sounds like you had a fun Christmas Eve. I love watching Breaking Pointe too, what a cool thing to get to go and watch them perform!