Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Poop

I'm gonna talk about poop for a bit.  Because that is what moms do.
Weirdest thing.  Our little Samuel is trying to potty train himself.  I HATE potty training!  And truth be told, I am not anxious to be done with babies.  With Sam being my last, I am ok with him being in diapers until he's 9.  It would kind of be a way for me to keep him my baby.  Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration.  But I had decided I was not going to attempt to potty train this boy until he was 3. (He's currently 2 years and 5 months old.)  Celeste wanted to do it not too long ago, so I let her make a go of it.  She quit quickly.  It is no fun people!
Anyhow, in the last week, Sam has started to try and potty train himself.  On his own, when my back has been turned, he has gone into one of our bathrooms and taken a poop on the potty, all by himself.  The first time I discovered what looked like a horror movie.  Poop was everywhere!  He had a runny one, and although about half of his poop made it in the toilet, the other half did not.  And then he proceeded to use all kinds of disgusting, non-traditional methods to wipe it off his butt.  Like the wall, and everything else in the bathroom.  I was gagging as I sanitized that room from top to bottom.
The second time it happened, he made almost all the poop in the toilet and then came to tell me about it.  He was proud of himself.  And last night, it was almost entirely a normal toilet episode.  All on his own.  This kid is unlike any other potty trainer we've had.  I don't know what to do with him.  It's strange; you've got a mom who doesn't want her toddler to be potty trained yet, and a toddler who wants it enough to do it on his own.

No comments: