Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Day

It has been a very mild Winter here in Utah.  I am glad for that because I am not a fan of Winter.  We haven't really had any snow and the temperature has been mild too.  It has been mild enough for me to even be running outside in December!  But Christmas is the one day of the year where I am perfectly happy to have it snow.  And snow it did.  We awoke to this.
This photo is pretty terrible, but I got some video of this.  It's the kids breaking our wrapping paper barrier to come upstairs.  It's been tradition the last few years or so to block the stairs with wrapping paper and the kids can't come up until at least a certain time, (7:30am this year,) the basement cleaned, and they all ready to go.  

We started with the stockings.  Everyone got a Winter hat and some goodies in their stockings.




And then we went one by one, and had the kids all take turns opening one present at a time.  They opened their gifts to each other first.  It was so sweet.



Some of these gifts were so thoughtful and they really loved them.



It was fun seeing the hugs and "thank you's" to each other.

Warms my heart.

Then they opened their presents from Santa and Steve and I.


Sam getting a scooter.

Charity a dress up box.

Hana a jewelry box.

Becca an electronic dictionary/thesaurus.



Andy a watch.


Eden a cookie maker.

Jonah a google play gift card.



Celeste got a petal for her keyboard and some music.

Andy and Jonah sporting their hats.

Christmas afternoon we took the kids to the movies.  The car barely made it because the battery is just about dead.  We barely got it started and it died on us at a stoplight.  But we made it after some prayers!
The kids wore their Christmas hats and PJ's.  We looked like goons and didn't care.  We saw "Into the Woods."

Right after getting home, the snow really started coming down heavy.  

This really was my favorite Christmas I've ever had.  I was brought to tears so many times seeing my kids just be great kids.  I just love them so much.  And I love my sweetheart so much too.

No comments: