Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Two Random Tidbits About Me

Introducing Coon.  I love animals, but since my OCD started kicking in years ago, I never wanted to touch them and I didn't want them trying to touch me.  I unintentionally became a closet animal rights, PETA sympathizer and get really sad when I think about people hurting animals or influcting unnecessary pain and suffering on them.
This cat dug a hole under the concrete slab for our shed about a year ago.  She hid there and we didn't know she was there until a couple of times at the sound of someone coming we'd see her tail as she was scurrying into her hole.  Her tail looks like a racoons tail and she was frightened of people, so we thought she was a racoon.  One day we saw her long enough to realize she was a cat.  The kids named her coon.  For several months, she wouldn't let anyone near her.  She was so scared and skiddish.  After months passed, she didn't run off at the sight of us.  A few months after that, she would let one or two of us near her.  And finally she would allow herself to be pet if the petter was quiet, soft and calm.
I am allergic to cats and have never been a big fan of them either.  I prefer dogs.  For some reason I have fallen in love with this one.  I am not kidding here.  L-O-V-E.  I love her almost as much as I love my children.  She is so sweet and gentle.  And she loves me too.  She loves me the most of everyone.  We are kindred spirits.  So I adopted her.  I bought a 3 month supply of Fancy Feast, because only the best for her.  And I even will snuggle and pet her despite the runny nose, itching eyes and sometimes skin rash that ensues.  I say silly things like "Oh Coon I love you so much" in a voice adults use to talk to babies.  And "Oh Coon, you are the purrrrrrfect kitty."  And I mean it.♥️

One more random tidbit.  Check out this huge nasty blood blister I got.  It hurt like the dickens.



1 comment:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

OUCH to the blood blister from Hades. Wow. I'm not sure I've seen one that large ever. And so glad you adopted a homeless kitties. Animals lower our stress hormones. I seriously need a cat. ;)