Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sukkot with Kelly

On Friday Sam and I were invited to have lunch with Kelly (my friend,) on their farm.  Their home and property are so fun to visit.  Sam loved the animals. He even got to gather eggs from the chickens.
If you look in the background you can see a hut like structure.  It is their Sukkah.  Kelly and her family are Jewish. They had just finished up their week-long celebration of Sukkot.  During Sukkot they put this Sukkah up to eat meals in.  (Some orthodox observers sleep in their Sukkots during the 7-8 day holiday.)  the Claymans do not sleep in theirs.  
Anyhow, Kelly made us lunch and we ate in their Sukkah.  I really enjoyed it.  I love learning about her religion and traditions. And Kelly is one of the dearest friends I have ever been blessed to have.  We just adore their family.

1 comment:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

That is really cool! Also, the Texas flag thing cracks me up. My oldest brother lives in Texas for quite a few years (5+) and sent us a few things that I remember being products of Texas very boldly printed on the packaging. Cool that they have so much pride in their state!