Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Amanda Doing Spanish in Nutcracker 2016


This video is over a year old, but I am just now posting it because I hated how I did in this video for so long, I just didn't want to post it. Tonight, as my phone was full, I needed to clear some space and couldn't bring myself to delete it entirely. So I went ahead and uploaded it here, then deleted it from my phone. You see, not long before Nutcracker, I had a terrible fall running and injured both my shoulder and knee badly. I broke a bone in my shoulder, and ripped up my ligaments there. In my knee, I tore my ACL. Again. I also needed some large tunnels in my bones re-built. I needed to get both my knee and my shoulder reconstructed surgically. Yet, I didn't want to leave the Nutcracker Director in a bad spot of trying to fill my spot in 5 dances last minute. So I danced through the injuries. So I look very bad in this video. I was hurting, and I was really nervous about making more damage. So I was trying to dance extremely cautiously. Especially when turning.
 I am only posting this one video because it was my solo, and I choreographed it. Right after Nutcracker, I had my shoulder operated on and fixed up. After a couple of months of rehab, I had my knee operated on twice. It was extensive reconstruction that needed to be done in two surgeries. I still haven't been able to really dance full out since my last surgery in August. I was told to use extreme caution and not really run or dance for a year. I miss it!

No comments: