Pages

Monday, September 11, 2017

Sam's bday

The above is not really related much, but it is a text from our sweet neighbor Hilary.

On the morning of Sam's birthday, I awoke very sick. Sam had been planning his mommy date for a long time and so I was determined to take him on it on his birthday. So Steve and I asked him if he could wait a few hours while I rested and hopefully got better. Well, when it came time to take him, I was totally puking my guts out, and still in bed. Sam was so disappointed! I could not even get out of bed hardly. So I asked him if he would like to go with Cessie and Charity? And he said he did. So sweet Cessie, played mom for the day and took him on his date. I asked her to blog about it, which you'll see below. And they had a lot of fun! Steve and I had decided to take everyone to play laser tag the next day as an extended celebration and hold off on the cake for the next day too. But unfortunately, I spent the entire next day, again, in bed. So we put off laser tag again, and did the cake and singing in our bedroom so I could be there. I felt so bad it all did not turn out as planned. Well, turns out, the next day I was in bed all day again! So Steve took all the kids to laser tag without me, then out to lunch at McAllister's. 
I felt bad that I had little to do with Sam's birthday this year. But thankfully others stepped up and made him feel special and loved I think. He and I did have lots of snuggles at least. I love that little boy like crazy! He and I have a very special bond.

No comments: