Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Utah & Knee Surgery

 
The first week of December Cessie and I flew to SLC Utah for me to get what is hopefully my final knee surgery.
As soon as we arrived, we had to eat at Cafe Rio in the airport. This restaurant is what one thing I miss about Utah.  
That night Cessie and I were able to spend a little time with family that was in town, and that was so nice. And we got to see Blythe perform a little dance recital. She was great.
 
My surgery, according to the doctor, was a success. This was my 6th knee surgery on this knee. He put in a new ACL, and he also beefed up my ALL. I had 5 incisions, 3 of which are fairly large. He also placed 4 large screws in my knee. The recovery has been BRUTAL this time around!!!!
I had some serious swelling and a great deal of pain. I also had a bad reaction to the anesthesia and just felt extremely doped up for a couple of days. It was not fun. I had planned to fly home a couple of days after the surgery, but ended up needing to extend it by a couple of days. And even then, it was super tough to make the trip home. But I was anxious to get in my own room and bed again.  


No comments: