Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Amanda's 2020 Intentions

This year I have three intentions I want to be vocal and public about.

In 2020 I will be taking a few new paths.

1- The path of sobriety from negativity. 
And I word it this way because I think negativity is addictive or maybe just contagious. It seems to feed on itself. Meditation has become a very important part of my life the last year and a half. Because the more I have been practicing it, the more I am getting mental clarity, and becoming much more aware. And one of those things I am becoming very aware of, is the role negativity has played in my life, and the toll it has taken.
The result: I am ready to rid this part of my life.
But I know it is going to take practice to retrain my brain.
So the more positive way to state this intention is I am working on being more
POSITIVE 
As much as I possibly can.

2- The path of sobriety from fear.
This is another thing I have become much more aware of in my life. Fear has permeated almost every little nook and cranny of my life. It is pernicious and likes to find ways to spread itself around, or at least hang on to the fear already accumulated. I see fear as unnecessary. It just causes harm.
We need logic and reason. We need rationality. We do not need fear.
So the more positive way to state this intention is that I am working on being
COURAGEOUS
As much as I possibly can.

3- The path of yoga.
This is what I am calling my Year of Yoga. I plan to take a class every day that I possibly am able. And I am also getting certified to teach yoga as well. I don't think I will be a great teacher right away. But I think as I learn to be a student of yoga, I will be an even better student if I learn the teaching side of it. Teaching dance has made my ability to dance, much better. My theory is the same will happen with yoga.

I am excited!

No comments: