Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Four and Seven Months and Other Random Thoughts

Today marks the day 4 months ago that Samuel was born.  He still doesn't sleep through the night.  But we still love him.  He's a sweet baby and we are so very happy we got him!

A few days ago was the 7 month anniversary of Andy and Hana coming home to us.  It's been the craziest 7 months of my life.  Super intense.  Being the mother of 8 children is harder than I expected in some ways, and easier than I expected in other ways.  There have been so many incredible growing and learning experiences for everyone in our family this year.  It's been the best year for us for sure. I am in love with my family. But truly, I know I keep saying it, but *Intense* is really the best word I can think of to describe our life.  Daylight hours are always noisy in our home.  Very noisy.  My house is almost always messy.  Laundry alone is a full time job that I have given up trying to do justice with.  So I pay someone else to do it for me.  And it's worth every stinkin dime!  I love my life as crazy as it is.  But I've got some confessions...

  Confession:  When I get down about the chaos and mess, I like to watch episodes of "Hoarders" and "Hoarding:  Buried Alive" on Netflix to help me put it all into perspective and feel better about things.
  Another confession:  My favorite part of the day use to be to take my bra off.  But now, I don't like to even add the bother of wearing one much of the time.  Grossed you out didn't I?  Sorry.
  Now my favorite parts of the day are 1:  When I clean up dinner and announce to everyone "The kitchen is officially closed for the day!"  and 2:  When all the kids have actually fallen asleep at night.  Sounds pretty pathetic hu?
  I do have moments though where I look at all of them and I laugh because the joy of all these little people takes me beyond grins.  True, true.  And that happens quite frequently.  But I will once again confess, I also have moments where I look at all of them and think to myself that I'm nuts for doing this.
  And finally, I want to say that I get through all this craziness because I married the greatest husband.  He's perfect for me and I'm madly in love with him.  The end.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

If it makes you feel any better, you are not alone. Here are a couple of my private confessions to you: 1) I don't take my bra off because I'm too lazy to deal with it. 2) I love my family the most when they are all out and I have the house to myself.

Cristin said...

First of all even having one kid makes you crazy for all of us to gave birth...we're CRAZY! But we're crazy in the best way possible right?!?! Only crazy people get to experience such highs and lows, and have messy houses because our homes are filled with so much love and laughter and noise.

Second, I'm jealous about the no bra thing. Good for you! Why bother, especially if your breastfeeding, it gives easier access and you can feel comfortable during the day. That should be something celebrated!

Love you Cousin! You're doing great and just think, some day you can look back at this and think, " I lived!!!!" haha This will probably be the best time of your whole life.

Kam said...

confession: I stayed up till 2 a.m. last night watching some dumb british period piece, waiting for Brian to come home... he never did. workoholic.

I just read all your latest updates. How fun!! Thanks for posting them all, it's so great to hear what you guys have been up to. Intense. I can only imagine -- and pray for you, which I do!

Anonymous said...

Heres my confession. I NEVER take my bra off because my boobs hang down to my belly button when I do and it drives me insane!
Just the thought of eight kids makes me sweaty but you seem to have a great handle on things. Your new house sounds like its going to be fun fun fun with tons of room too.

Jen said...

Enjoyed this post Amanda! Love Jen Tate

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

I just caught up on all your goings on and
1. Can't wait to see your new house
2. Imagine that 8 kids would be VERY intense.(I had to go and count them to make sure there really were only 8) :)
3. Confession: we had ramen noodles for dinner tonight, I ate ice cream for breakfast, and I've been wearing the same pair of pants everyday for the last 3 days without washing them! :)
We sure love your family! I loved all the updates and pictures!!

E said...

ALMOST all caught up! Can't wait to hear more about your new house!