Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Vegas

I flew to Vegas Halloween afternoon to meet up with my brother Andy.  I was supposed to pick him up at the Greyhound bus station at 8:20 pm. The bus station is right in the heart of Vegas.  So I was down there by myself at night, not just any night, but Halloween.  Well, as I arrived, Andy texts me to say that the bus was going to be late.  He didn't arrive until 10:30.  
These were some of the sights I saw.  Fremont street was packed!!!  Many people were pretty much naked.  I felt like a preschooler at a college rave.  
I so wish this photo below wasn't so blurry.  You'd see these "Playboy Bunnies" were men.  Vegas really isn't my scene.
I went inside a hotel lobby and bought an apple to snack on. As I sat there eating, this guy sat in front of me.
We were up until midnight getting things set up for the triathlon in the morning.  
We got up at 5:30am and headed over to the race.
Andy took this race very serious and was so anxious to beat me.  I didn't think I could beat him because I am so slow on the bike.
But he ended up beating me by only 28 seconds.  I beat him on the swim and run, he beat me on the bike.  I got punched in the face trying to pass someone on the swim.  Ouch!  I also wiped out on the bike.  But it went well otherwise.  I placed 9th overall among the women.  I placed 25th overall among all participants.  I was happy with that.  Andy placed 24th overall.
He rubbed beating me in my face all day.

We had a few hours after the race to hang out before he caught his bus and I caught my plane home.  
Andy wanted us to take photos with this weird baby guy.
I can only take Vegas in small doses.  But we had a great time.

1 comment:

Shed said...

I am sure Andy cheated. You won in my book.