Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Triathlon

I had a triathlon today and I had the best time!  Triathlons are more fun for me than half marathons or marathons because I am mixing it up with three sports.  I expected to do badly because I hardly trained for it.  My running has been fine, but in the last 4 months I have only biked and swam twice.  But I beat my time from last year's race by 5 minutes and I felt strong.  I had so much energy, I felt like I could have turned around at the finish line and gone again.  Which was so great.
I thought I wasn't going to have any support at the race but Steve and Eden surprised me by showing up and cheering me on along the way.  It was so nice.  Eden was the cutest cheerleader and even ran with me part of the way.  Steve forgot his shoes!  He forgot his shoes once this week to work too!  I don't know how you can do that, but he manages to.
Although I timed myself, I don't know the results of where I placed because the race's website has my time off by about a half hour.  I have never had that happen  to me before.  So that was too bad.

No comments: