Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

Steve's birthday

Yesterday Steve turned 45. We had a nice bday weekend. On Saturday we took the kids to dinner and a movie and he and I went to lunch at the Oasis, which was so beautiful! He and I also went to the Contemporary in Austin. It's an art museum. We didn't go inside, but walked around their beautiful grounds. They had pretty grounds and water front and art pieces scattered throughout. To make it even nicer, it was the perfect weather! Steve said it was his first birthday he's ever had in nice, warm weather. The only exception was when he was on his mission in California. But he said those birthdays were not memorable. In fact he cannot remember them entirely.
Eden was sweet and really worked hard to make him feel special. She worked to earn money to buy him some headphones. She also planned out a special breakfast for him. She got the groceries and recipes. She did the prep work late into the night the night before his birthday. On the morning of his birthday she cooked him up a Spanish omelette, chocolate covered strawberries, salsa, and angel cake with strawberries and cream. She made this meal from scratch by herself! We were so impressed!
I just want to take this moment to express some things about Steve. He is such a wonderful husband and father. I love how smart and good he is. I appreciate how hard working he is. He has always provided for our family well. He has always been respectful and kind and patient with me. He has always supported me in whatever I have wanted to do and believed in me. He is the best! I am so thankful to be his wife and for the life he has given me and the kids. I love him. I am still in love, like the exciting, euphoric kind. And I like him a lot too. He is just awesome.

No comments: