Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentines Weekend

On Saturday evening we had Natalie come stay the night with the kids. She is another teacher at the studio. She is 22, teaches Becca & Hana's Jazz class, and is a total sweetheart. 
Steve and I went downtown into Austin. After checking into the Marriot, we walked around and found a lovely place for dinner. After dinner, we walked to the Theater. It was a very nice Winter evening. We saw Ballet Austin do their "Director's Choice." It was amazing!!! They were way better than I thought they were going to be. The choreography was so brilliant! I cried. 
Afterwards I was able to go to a Q&A with the Artistic Director/Choreographer, and a couple of the dancers. I am currently starting to work on creating an original dance production for Ars Avenue. I am really excited about it. This got me even more excited and inspired. I want to choreograph something extra special.
The next day we ate. A lot! And we did a lot of nature walking. We went through the Botanical Gardens, and up Mount Bonnell, and also around the beautiful grounds of the Contemporary. It was so nice! 
When we got home to the kids, they were all happy and well. And Charity and Sam were begging and pleading for Natalie to stay forever. So it seems she did a great job.

No comments: