Pages

Sunday, October 22, 2017

This week




Back in the olden days when I kept paper/hand-written journals, I use to include trending news stories just as a point of reference to what was happening in the world around me. Well, last week a trending story was the "Me Too" campaign that made it's way through various social media networks. It was women all over the country publicly speaking up about sexual harassment and assault. I never had a conversation about this with my parents while they were here, but I am not even sure if they knew about it, or understood what it was about. So for some inexplicable reason, I find this photo amusing. But hey, it is a timestamp of America in October of 2017.
The day before my parents left town, we spent a few hours in Austin. They wanted to see the graffiti wall. We ate at True Food kitchen, walked and sat along the river, had an epic donut at Gordough's food truck, and just had an all around lovely day.  
 
I saw this billboard and thought of my Steve who does indeed love me dearly, but also loves himself some Torchy's Tacos.  
 
"Find someone who looks at you the way you look at tacos." I am that person to Steve.  :) 
 
Cessie had the sheer pleasure of getting to spend some time with some of her favorite people, Jack and Charlie in Bakersfield. They wined and dined her and she had the best of times. They even got to go to a dog wedding where Dorothy and Rue were bridesmaids.  


No comments: