Pages

Friday, June 12, 2020

Black Lives Matter

It has been such an eye opening time in regards to systemic racism in America. And around the world. What took us, myself included, so long to wake up?! I feel as though I have been on a slow journey of realization to the culture I was raised in, and the ignorance I have had on these matters. And complacency!  The veil is being lifted from my eyes, and I am horrified. 
I feel as though I have been naive and still have a lot to learn and do. I will do better. Our family will. 
As a family we’ve had a lot of conversations about these matters lately. 
We hope with all our hearts that this is a time of change for a better world for black people, and other people of color. 
I want better for my kids and grandkids. Much much better.








No comments: