Pages

Monday, December 7, 2020

Drop the armor. Drop the cape.

 We often wear one of two things: armor, or a cape.

The armor is a means of protecting ourselves from some form of fight or defense.

The cape is what we wear to be the hero in a situation.


I often see myself and others wearing these. 

I know for me, these are archetypes that stem from the depths of experience.

I imagine this being the case for others. 

I mindfully practice non judgment.

And I work to be aware of when, why, and what, I am putting on. 


But increasingly, my desire is to be able to drop both of these whenever I feel the need to. 

And more and more, I feel the need to.


Most of all, and this is why I even decided to write this;


I want so much to be the place where others can also drop their armor, and their capes. 


I recognize that this invitation is in essence, a way of putting on a cape. 

Rest assured, I will drop mine.

I will sit with you, as a fellow human BEING, real and honest, driven by my heart.

Why? Because I need this as much as you do. 

You see, we are best without our costumes.



With love,
Amanda

No comments: