Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Random

What a week!

Our ward got split on Sunday and it's created quite the ripple effect of things to worry about and take care as a result.

Spring has officially ticked me off. It keeps coming and making me happy, then abandoning me and letting Winter come back. Jerk. We've had snow a few days this week. SNOW.

Steve's parents came last night. The visit was too short, but it was so nice to see them.

We cannot wait for school to be over with! I have been counting down the days with much more vigor than the kids.

Speaking of school. The last couple of weeks Jonah, Celeste and I have been studying the Island of Crete, the Persians, Athenians, and all those ancient civilizations around the Aegean and Mediterranean Seas during our History lessons. Very interesting stuff! I have left my opinions on these civilizations completely out of our lessons. Today I asked them to do their writing assignments on Greece. I found their blog posts on this assignment quite interesting. Celeste had one take on it, and Jonah an entirely different one. Note, they did these posts entirely on their own and in different rooms from each other. I just came in and read them when they were done and we discussed the grammar a bit. Celeste and Jonah have writing styles that are polar opposites and on different levels, but it's interesting to see what they said. I love the individuality children even in the same family come with! Kids are the best. My kids especially are at a point in their lives that I would freeze in this moment (for each of them) if I could. I think I'm experiencing the best phase of my life ever.
Check it out:
Celeste's blog post about the Greeks- Jonah's blog post about the Greeks.

3 comments:

Hot Pants said...

Jonah's made me laugh out loud, aka LOL.

E said...

Jonah is hilarious!!! I can't wait for school to be over too. Ready to start my summer!

Emily said...

So great to talk to you today. Thanks for calling!

Oh, and Jonah and Celeste are really doing awesome!! It's been really fun to follow their progress.