Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

makeovers

I know lame, I'm posting photos of these rather than our trip. Problem is, I only have trip photos on my cell phone which takes bad photos and is hard to download on the computer. That's why. These ones are from the camera. (People with good cameras that took photos at the reunions, email them to me please!)
***
The kids love playing in this closet under the stairs. Celeste wanted to paint it. I said "Sure, if you clean and organize our linen closet, the family room and our garage." She did! What a deal! So here's how it looked before as we were taping it up to paint: And after:
They love their new closet/play area!
***
I also started coloring my hair a couple of months ago (professionally). Too many grays :(
But a couple of weeks ago, I actually colored it myself for the first time. It's funny, I figured it would turn out horrible. I planned to color it myself to prove to Steve that we needed to fork over the cash monthly to get it done professionally, or I would look awful. I imagined him seeing it and hating and saying "Ok, you're right, you should only trust this to the professionals..." But he came home and loved it. So there you go.

7 comments:

Dalana and Mark said...

Love the makeovers! Celeste sure did a good job with her painting. How fun for them! You're a brave mom for letting them do the painting themselves. You look great! It looks like you're doing some different things with your make up too. It's fun to switch things up a bit sometimes. Thanks for being so thoughtful and remembering Mark on his b-day. We hope Eden had a good day, too. Mark said he asked to talk to his birthday girl but she was already in bed.

Swasey family said...

You look so beautiful!!!! Thats funny that you did that and it turned out super cute, sounds like something I would do then I would never have a excue to get pampered. haha you are to funny!

Emily said...

Dang, I can only see the one picture of the the before closet makeover. Where's the other two? I'm dying to see the after and your new hair color!

Ken-Ken said...

Cool! Tell Celeste I miss her! And That I am excited to see her!

Memzy said...

Everything looks great.

Jen said...

I have been thinking your hair was looking babe-a-licious. I can't believe you are doing it yourself!! Please teach me so I can save that $$ every 6 weeks! :) {Even though I act like a natural blonde, it has to be helped along these days!!}

E said...

You and the closet look fabulous! What did they put in the closet? I'm picturing a couch/TV set up and lots of dolls.