Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

On a more happy and exciting note...

We've told a lot of people, but not everyone. You ready for this???

We are going to adopt TWO children from Ethiopia. At the same time. You've all heard about Andualem, who we call Andy, but you haven't heard about Hana. (I think we'll keep her real name.)
She is a 5 year old cutie who seems like a sweet and happy little girl. She's very healthy and lives in the same orphanage as Andy. Both of her parents died of AIDS as well. :(

The most frequently asked question we get is "When will you get them?" I'd like to know that myself. It's been almost a year now since we started this whole adoption process. Right now we have been told it looks like we will be going over there some time in December for the first court date. Then we should go back 3-6 weeks after that to have the Embassy date and take them home. So I guess that looks like January'ish. But it could be sooner or later. Who knows.

So yeah, pretty exciting stuff going on here!

12 comments:

Callie said...

That IS very happy and exciting! I'm thrilled for you!

~Callie

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Wow! That is REALLY exciting! Can't wait to hear more about Hana - what a neat experience, to get to bless the lives of 2 kids!

Dalana and Mark said...

That is great and exciting news! I really like the name Hana. How exciting! Good luck with everything. I hope January comes quick for you guys.

Teresa Johnson said...

Sweet news! That's so exciting! Good luck and hope everything works out well for y'all!

E said...

Cool! Can't wait to hear more about it!

Swasey family said...

YA!! How exciting!! keep us posted :)

Cynthia said...

Awesome news! Good luck and I can't wait to hear more!

Robyn said...

Congrats! I always wanted to adopt a child from a foreign country. I think it's exciting. And January-ish will be here before you know it.

Emily said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I'm just amazed at how things have fallen into place. Good luck with all the preparations and keep us posted!

Tara Ann said...

Soooo cool! Congrats guys! xoxo

Memzy said...

Yup I already knew but still....congrats again! Any news as of late?

Kam said...

Wow! That's very exciting for you! I bet you really can hardly wait to find out a more definite time frame. I admire you both so much for this decision, and pray good things for your family as everything falls into place.

Also, I just noticed all your new pics... so cute! Celeste got a haircut? -- so sassy and cute! And Jonah's eyes are gooorgeous in his new pic. The other girlies are just as cute as ever, and you and Steve never seem to change, in all your loveliness. Fun to see updates!