Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Blog Change

I was blog surfing today and found a couple of really inspiring blogs. (Thanks Nina & Em!) I have gotten a large amount of help in my personal life from visiting random blogs that discussed various topics that concerned me at any given time. It got me thinking about my blog here. And other people's blogs. It seems a blog defines a person in a round-about way. Whether we realize it or not. Blogs typically talk about the same kind of things, or follow a similar vein of ideas or purposes. And as a result, you associate those topics or feelings with that person. Which I think is totally fine. For instance I love love LOVE visiting Jespy's blog for the purpose of entertainment, and a really good belly laugh that brightens my day. (Thank you Jenny! What would I do without your happy medicine???)

I think my blog barely touches on some of the things that occupy my thoughts and concerns most of the time. In an effort to not be judged or not to be too personal, I feel like I can't be me some times. So it's kind of taken the joy out of blogging. And I know some people that actually DO care, have missed that. I'd like to get that back. There may be people that are put off or annoyed by me. And as much as I care about them and what they think or feel, I don't know how to fix it. So I don't want to let that determine how I blog anymore. Nobody HAS to come here. Nobody HAS to read this. Nobody HAS to agree with me. I do want people to come and I do want people to appreciate it. But not to the point where I'm walking on eggshells here. I'm ready to move on I guess you could say and whoever wants to come along, that's great!

I want to organize my blog a bit differently among the things that matter most to me; as well as the topics that seem to be getting the most hits, (like miscarriage and adoption.) I know there are many people (my counter is currently over 25,000 visits,) who come here to read about different things and I want to make that a bit easier to navigate. So I'm gonna start working on that now. You can do that easier now with the tabs above. I sincerely hope you enjoy.

4 comments:

Cristin said...

I love the new set up!!! YAY for you!

Nina & Wes said...

Wow, I've never been a blog inspiration before! haahah! So happy! :) Looks great!

Memzy said...

Looks good!

E said...

These are some exciting changes! You're certainly breathing new life into the blogging world. Thanks for the shout-out, too!