Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Little Updates

It's been a month since I've posted. Goodness, this blogging thing is getting harder for me as times goes on. Life has just been very busy. All with good things of course, but BUSY.

Just a couple of things here.

Celeste was mentioned in an article on the cover of the local newspaper! The article is about our Serving With Smiles humanitarian group for kids. I will just type here the little blurb about her here:

"The blog website administrator is an 11-year-old named Anna Celeste, whose mother is one of the group leaders. Anna is responsible for posting updates about the SWSSS group to the website. As she writes, she does so from her own perspective which brings a fresh approach to the stories..."

So cool. Now maybe I can get her to go on there more and do some more posts that have her fun writing personality in them. That's been a bit hard to get her to do lately. Her first post was really great, but since then, she just isn't in to it.

Also, on an entirely different topic...

We got our court dates for our Ethiopian kids! But I must say that as excited as I was to get the dates, I was disappointed and shocked by the lateness of the date. We aren't sure why we were assigned such a late date, and there isn't anything we can do about it. But we are excited to have the date and to start making our travel plans!

The court date is Feb. 1st. Which means we should probably be heading over there around January 28/29ish. Just as a reminder, this court date is not our trip to pick up the kids. You do that when you go for your Embassy hearing which isn't scheduled until you've passed court. Those Embassy hearings I have been told are typically 6-8 weeks after your court date. That is when you pick up your kids. Which means, we are looking at bringing them home end of of March'ish. Here are a couple of new photos they sent us recently.
In these last updates they told us that Hana is the same: happy, energetic and loving. And Andualem is smiling more, happy and feeling grateful that there is a family that is concerned about him.
I can't tell you how excited we are to meet these kids in the flesh and make them part of our family!

6 comments:

Anna B said...

I can't wait to meet those kids!

amber said...

I got your cute xmas card today, love the pics!!
How exciting to have a court date :)

Memzy said...

Super yay!! They look so happy.

Emily said...

Great updates! I'm so excited to meet my nephew and niece!!

E said...

How exciting! I bet you can't wait.

Teresa Johnson said...

Yea...so exciting!