Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

My husband is a super hero. Really.

I always knew I married a very good man. I have always really been impressed with him. But over the last few months I have truly been blown away by this guy. He has so much pressure on him. He's got a needy, high maintenance wife. I hate to say it, but it's true. And he's got 7 very active children that have lots of needs themselves. He has to provide for all of us financially, which is no easy task. He protects us. He has a demanding career that he has to keep up with. He serves in our church. He helps me with all the household stuff when I need him to.
On Sunday I was watching this man spend hours and hours with his 7 children just trying to get some good one on one time with them. He was reading to them, teaching them, holding them, playing with them, and just hanging out with them. It really isn't uncommon for him to spend much of his free time this way. He stayed up late last night so that he could go to each of their rooms at bedtime and talk with them and pray with them and so forth. That was after he took me out on a great date for my birthday. And as I was thinking about all this, the memory flashed in my mind of Steve a couple of years ago when we were discussing whether or not to adopt or have any more children. He was afraid he might not be a good dad if he had more children. And the memory of that conversation made me laugh because seriously this guy is rockin the Dad of 7 kids thing. I would even venture to say he's a better Dad now than he was when we only had 5. He is the most unselfish person I know. He takes very little time for himself and he has never ever acted or seemed resentful of that. Yet at the same time, he is ever mindful of me and my needs; which sometimes are to get time for myself.
I am madly in love with him. I love him more than I ever have in the nearly 14 years since we've met. I am in awe of him. I wonder how he does it. And the only explanation I can come up with is he's a super hero. I am so very grateful to be his wife. I don't know how in the world I managed to get this guy, but boy am I glad I did!

3 comments:

Cristin said...

awww You are a lucky woman!

Hot Pants said...

He does it all easily because he has a hot wife to come home to!

Emily said...

Super great guy for sure! I've loved reading all your blog updates. Keep them coming!!