Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

stats

*Stats for the week*

Approximate number of loads of laundry done this week *13
Approximate number of loads of dishes done this week *12
Approximate times I've swept the kitchen floor *21
Approximate diaper changes this week *70
Trips to the school this week *14
Approximate arguments I've had to break up between children *80
Amount of times I've had to clean up a child's vomit *4
Getting spit up on *6
Getting pooped on *1
Trips to the doctor *2
Time outs we've had to enforce *18
Meals cooked *7
Middle of the night feedings *16
Amount of times the living room has needed vacuuming *14
Actual amount of times I've vacuumed the living room *7
Calmed a crying child *too many
Late night "sanity" walks with the hubs *5
Hours dealing with homework *7
Backed into a kid's bike while pulling out of the garage *3

We are on our 3rd week of having 8 children and I'm getting a system down to tackle it all. I think it's a system I could get used to. Once our adorable sweet little Samuel is sleeping through the night, I think I will feel like a million bucks and be able to do all I've got with a little more vigor. But for now, I feel weary. WEARY! Exhausted, both emotionally and physically.

Don't get me wrong, I think this has sounded all too wimpy and whiny. Which it is. Let me say that I really do feel blessed. I love love love love my life! I wouldn't have it any other way. Cross my heart and hope to die! (Except for maybe a house with a 3 car garage and 3 full bathrooms. I know; I'm spoiled.)
My favorite part about my last week I would have to say is how many times I've heard someone tell me "I love you." I think my kids were sensing my fatigue and were doubling their efforts to give me a little boost. When you have 9 people that love you and 8 of them telling you so multiple times a day, you can't help but feel joy. And the hugs and kisses...I can never get enough of them. Especially from my sweetheart who has rocked it lately. I'm a lucky girl. But boy am I tired!

8 comments:

Cristin said...

I'm pretty sure I could whine and out complain you and I have half the number of kids and I've slept through the night for the past 2 1/2 years. You're doing great. It doesn't hurt to let out the frustrations every once in a while. :)

Memzy said...

I'm surprised you time to keep these stats!!! Hang in there.

E said...

Your stats make me weep. You're doing great!

Swasey family said...

YOu are trully the absolte most amazing woman I have ever met!!! Keep your head up!!

ErinGrover said...

Amanda! I can't believe how much you are able to accomplish! You truly are an amazing woman. I am however very relieved I am not your babysitter anymore! LOL! I hope you and Steve get to go out rollerblading or on some fun date soon!

Emily said...

You're my hero and the only reason I think I might too be able to do it! Love you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful example of love.

Kam said...

Wow. Laundry alone sounds like a full-time job, eh!? And that last one... hitting a kid's bike backing out of the garage?~ 3 times?!? Wow, again. What a week.

But I've been thinking about what you said, about how good it feels to be so loved by so many people. I totally agree. I think that's one of the most beautiful, rewarding, wonderful things about children -- the unconditional love seems to go both ways, and feels so perfect!