Pages

Sunday, August 27, 2017

My 39th Birthday

I did not get many photos of my birthday at all, but it really was the best birthday I have ever had! I kind of wish I had been better about capturing it. My birthday was on Tuesday. On Monday we had the "Great American Eclipse" and it was a totally chill and awesome day for me. 6 of the kids were in school during the day and I had received a hammock for my birthday from Sherod. So I was able to lay in that and enjoy the eclipse and listen to music. It was perfect! 
That night we had the Drolets over for dinner. They are always a blast to hang out with. And they brought my requested pies for dessert. Everyone made me feel special and it wasn't even my real birthday yet!
The next day I was still feeling lots of love from lots of people. I got so many sweet messages from people. And I got some nice phone calls. I even had some of my favorite dance students drop by and surprise me with a pretty bouquet of flowers and a card and lots and lots of hugs. I got to relax most of the day again. 
That night Steve and I went to Flix to see Dirty Dancing! I was super stoked for several reasons. I had never seen that movie in the theater. I had seen it once as a teenager, but felt so guilty seeing it because it was pg13 and kind of naughty. But I guiltily LOVED it. For someone who loves dance as much as I do, how could I not? But I don't think I have seen it since. Not only that, but Steve had never seen it! He was a Dirty Dancing virgin! It was the 30th anniversary of the movie being released, so Flix was showing it. And we really love going to Flix. What made seeing this movie so fun is that first Steve and I went out to eat at our favorite, Jack Allen's. And while we were there we read all of the IMDB page with all the fun facts, about the movie. So it made the movie a bit more interesting. And the audience energy was the best ever. We all were having so much fun with total strangers with a mutual love for Dirty Dancing. It was much dirtier than I remembered it, which was kinda weird. But I am gonna be honest- I loved it. It totally did not disappoint. 
We came home late with the kids waiting up to surprise me with birthday wishes. 
I have never had a birthday where I felt this much genuine love from so many people who GET me! And I felt genuine love for myself, imperfections and all. I felt happy with my life in all areas and excited about what is going on and where I am headed. It was perfect.
Amanda Bishop

No comments: