Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Big Time Catch Up Post

There is a lot to catch up on here, because I've been too lazy to upload photos and blog lately. Not just lazy, a little busy too. The kids have officially started their Summer time activities and I have started painting and decorating our baby's room. All good stuff going on.

So here goes a bunch of photos with minimal commentary.
Becca graduated from Kindergarten! I'm so excited about this because she learned about as much in her year of kindergarten as she did in preschool and it was a very short school day (getting out at 10:15 a.m. on Mondays and 10:45 every other day,) making it bit of a hassle for me. Next year --1st grade!!!
And she's still so teeny.
Double date with Anna and Trent last weekend. We went bowling and out to dessert. It was so much fun!
Trent beat the crud out of us in game one. Steve and Trent played one more game in which Steve won that one.

Eden is in love. He's a very sweet boy and we really like him, but are not sure how to handle this major crush she's got.
We did take him with us on our last Family Fun Day activity to Liberty Land. There we played Laser Tag. Crazy fun!!! Look at little Becca so natural with that gun.
This is during the game. It was dark in there, but I took photos with the flash. This one cracked me up.
Steve standing ready with no mercy to shoot the heck out of a bunch of little kids when they come around the corner.
Bumper boats too.
And a few dinkie rides.

During another Family Fun Day the week prior, we had a craft day at home. We made treats too.
The kids helped me collect rocks to make these for our Primary Class.
Allie and Connor joined us for our craft Family Fun Day. We did beading.
And I taught the kids how to finger crochet.
The girls LOVED this! They went nuts crocheting scarves.
We also made puppets that turned out pretty cute.
The Family Fun Day before that we stayed home again and played games, ate treats, and started this puzzle. We're still working on it. But we plan to frame it and put it in our baby's room.
Ok. You're all caught up now!

15 comments:

Dalana and Mark said...

Looks like lots of fun stuff going on! Eden's crush is super cute! All of the kids are getting so grown up. Good to see pictures of everyone except for you in this post. I want to see an updated pregnancy pic. Congrats to Becca on the graduation. Hopefully we'll see you this weekend when we're in town.

Memzy said...

Um what is the point of kindergarden anyway if it's that short?

Can I be adopted?

Emily said...

Good stuff. I'm glad you are all alive and well. I can't wait to get there! I miss my sissy and nieces and nephews!

Hot Pants said...

Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun over there. Remember when we went bowling? Ahh, good times... Anna has excellent form by the way.

willmottfamily said...

Hello busy, pregnant lady. You must be feeling better to keep up with all of those fun activities. I am feeling pretty great, actually. I like the second trimester much better than the first. Next week I have my ultrasound. Stay posted for (hopefully) the big news. How are YOU?

Cristin said...

Looks like I've been missing out on all the fun!!! I'm so glad for the update.

nutmeg said...

wow! Lots of stuff. However I noticed how you are out of the pics yet again!

nutmeg said...

Sorry I also forgot to mention how Eden is starting to look so much like Celeste. She is growing up so fast. Tell her she looks pretty, for me!

E said...

Cute pictures! Looks like a lot of fun stuff is going on in your fam. What is up with the 1.5 hour kindergarten? I've never heard such a thing. I dread kindergarten for the very reasons you mentioned. So exciting that she's moving on.

Vegas Family said...

Sounds like life is good for Amanda. Glad to hear that!

Jen said...

Those pictures of the kids are great. I love the one of Ben and Eden!! And you guys are the best primary teachers! I love those rocks.

Kam said...

Wow! Family Fun Day is quite the accomplishment! And to think you're doing it on a regular basis? Looks awesome!! As others have mentioned, your kids are looking older in these pictures, especially Eden. (Love the Crush, of course.) All looking so cute! We miss you guys and hope we'll get a chance to catch up sometime this summer. Sounds like our paths may cross, though -- I think we'll be down there right during the time you're planning to be up here. Rats! Oh, and that puzzle looks like a good one -- very tricky, I imagine! Will be cute framed.
kamber

Anonymous said...

Hi... Love the update. We need to hang out soon.

Robyn said...

I'm glad you've been finding lots of fun things to do to keep busy. When the kids are out of school it's sometimes hard to keep things fresh and fun. Moira still has another two weeks of school before she is out. I can't believe Eden has a crush on a boy. Moira still thinks that boys are kind of icky. I'm encouraging that.

Carrie said...

Hey Amanda!
Hope all is well. Miss your fun posts