Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

Recitals

Over the last week or so we've had a few little performances to attend. Here's some photos from those.
First Celeste performing on the piano. With as little as this girl practiced, it wasn't bad. During the last 9 months she has probably only practiced a total of what she should have done in a week. Pretty bad. I think she could be good if she actually would work at it!
Blythe and Anna above doing a duet. Micah below.
Hayden- the Cold Play addict.
Anna's singing group "The Rising Stars." The kids you may know are: Eden, Micah, Tucker and Blythe. Anna did an awesome job with these kids -- and her piano students.
Eden's 2nd grade singing performance. We couldn't get a good photo from where we sat, but I liked this one with her head peaking out from her part of the flag.
Tucker at the Rising Stars performance. Blythe in the background.
Good times.

11 comments:

E said...

Cute pictures! I love that they all have matching shirts. So when are you gonna post an update on how your guitar lessons are coming? Any recitals yet? I keep meaning to post video of Cord playing. It's pretty funny.

Emily said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures! You are so lucky to have Anna there. She does such a great job! That picture of Eden poking her head out is hilarious!

Memzy said...

LOVE concerts!!!! Super cool for you and Anna. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

so cute

Jennifer P. said...

so fun that they get to be involved in things like that with family!

Elder Jack Anderson said...

This post made me realize how busy Anna is!!! Freak!! And your kids are adorable with their piano and such.

I love recitals. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

I was a terrible mother...I went to the recitals, but hated most every minute of it. I had to give up precious time to listen to 50 kids plunk out the "Robot" song, just so I could listen to 2 mins. of my precious child playing her piece. Glad those days are over, but love hearing about the next generations experiences with recitals.

TimW8 said...

You know what would be cool? A video montage of the performances. But that's just cuz I hate reading and would rather watch, plus some audio.

Katie said...

I had to practice recital songs all day. My kids aren't in piano lessons, and I don't teach. What's up with that? Just because I know how to play doesn't mean I want to sit for hour on end teaching your kids what she just learned at her lesson. I don't do if for my own kids...

Cristin said...

Yay! thanks for sharing the pictures. So cute, your so lucky to be so close to Anna and all the music fun.

Jen said...

Amanda, you are just so sweet! I just read your comment on my blog- I'm so glad you found me on blogger!! YES we can be friends!!!
I want to hear more about this group your kids are in- Ben is such a performer and would love something like that! And {I know this is a totally random comment!} I just have to tell you how much I lvoe that picture of your husband kissing your head on the side of your blog! It is just the sweetest, and I'm already scheming on how I can talk Ryan into letting someone take pictures of him kissing my forehead!! HA! Have a great night!!