Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

For the sake of it

I haven't felt like blogging lately. But I'm getting tired of that old post. I know, that's been said lots before by myself and others. But for the sake of something different, here's a very boring update on our family.

Steve- He's got a great job. Works hard. Makes his time with us count. Still running. Started biking again in the hills above our home. Got called as Primary Teacher to a large class of 5 year-olds with me.

Me- With the exception of being tired so much, I feel great! Baby in utero is doing good. I have a "to-do list" that has remained almost untouched for weeks with items such as: Unpack the mountain of junk in our garage, finish up the cleaning of old rental house and turn keys in, paint and decorate baby's room, get yard landscaped... but have lacked the energy and I guess motivation to tackle it in any real way.

Celeste- Getting better about her drama antics. In fact, she's been pretty sweet and helpful to me lately. She's growing up to be my big helper. Bookaholic. Excited about tutoring other kids in reading this Summer as a volunteer at the Literacy Center.

Jonah- Emotionally doing pretty good; currently. Has gotten to be way better about doing homework lately. Looking forward to school getting out next week!

Eden- Had her singing group performance last weekend and loved it. Being happy, sweet and obedient as usual. Anxious for her birthday in a month. 8!!!

Becca- Can't wait for school to get out too. Asks multiple times a day when she gets to do her Summer Camp and activities I have planned. Still teeny and makes mom and dad smile a lot by her little body and huge personality.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I completely understand the being tired and I hope that you get your energy back soon! Charlie and I are teaching a large group of Sunbeams (11--heaven help us) but it is really fun doing a calling together. I hope that you guys will enjoy it, too.

Memzy said...

Updates are ALWAYS good!! Loved it.

Jennifer P. said...

oh my! was i ever behind on reading about your life! Read to the bottom and enjoyed all the vacation pics! Glad to hear that everything is blissfully normal---that's the way you want it to be...trust me :)!

Anna B said...

Lookin' good.

Emily said...

Thanks for the post...finally! I love hearing updates and it sounds like everything is going well.

Miss you.

E said...

I love updates like this! A nice overview of what's goin' on. That's what it's all about. Glad things are going well.

Anonymous said...

I heart you and totally know how you r feeling!

nutmeg said...

I wish that I could have taken the kids to swimming lessons this year. It gave me an excuse to get out of the house...And I liked it too!!

Robyn said...

I liked this update on the whole family, especially since I've been bad about following blogs lately. It sounds like you are all doing well. And don't worry about that to-do list. It will still be there when you feel better. I wouldn't rush it and just enjoy this time. Miss you!