Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Picture Bonanza

This post is loaded with photos. We didn't get photos of everything we saw, but I've included a lot here. I decided to go ahead and tell you and show you our Boston trip all in one post. So get ready for a biggie.
I can describe this trip in 3 words: It was AWESOME!
We left Thursday morning. We didn't do much that day other than traveling.
I became the driver for our trip and Steve the navigator. We've found we're a great team getting around when we do it that way.
Friday we spent most of the day in downtown Boston seeing the sights. My favorite place in Boston was probably Faneuil Hall. I loved seeing all the really old hand written letters they had on display from famous patriots. Plus uniforms, hats, and other memorabilia. Trinity Church was pretty amazing. The inside-
The outside-
Boston's first public library was quite impressive too-
I love libraries.
On a ferry ride back into the city for dinner-
Besides the wind, the weather for us behaved quite well all weekend.
Saturday morning we did a session at the Boston Temple. Lovely!
Then we went to Plymouth Plantation. Cute cute cute baby goats there-
They had what they called "Interpreters" there acting and living like the Pilgrims did back in the 1600's. Even children interpreters playing a game-
They stay in character whatever you do. This guy asked us what Steve did for trade and we told him "computer work". He acted like he thought we said "pewter work" as in the metal. Then gave us this big long speech about that and Christianity among other things. His accent was cute and I got a kick out of watching him play this all up.
Looking over the plantation and the coast-
Steve on the Mayflower II. It's a remake of the original and has actually made the trip from Plymouth England to Plymouth Mass in modern day. We learned so much on this and really appreciated the trial this voyage must have been on those poor people!
At Plymouth Rock-
The actual rock-
Sunday we went to church at a ward that met near the temple. Clayton Christianson who Steve tells me is a famous professor at Harvard spoke. It was a really good talk. Afterwards we changed our clothes and took a walk through the gorgeous wooded path up to the temple.

This is when we found out about poor Molly back at home being taken away on an ambulance. She had a cold and blew her nose and burst an artery!!! Blood was gushing out of her nose and mouth so heavily they took her to the hospital to cauterize the artery. She was a good sport and Anna and Trent stepped up to take care of her and the kids. When we got back, I found remnants of blood all over our bathroom and the walls even. It was like a crime scene.

We then went to Lexington where we ate lunch and walked Lexington Commons. This is where the first battle of the American Revolution happened. This 15 year-old kid was there to tell us all about it. We were impressed with all he taught us. Nice kid.
As we walked away, Steve decided he wanted to give the kid a pass along card. I laughed pretty hard as I watched my cute husband run after the kid to give him one.
As Steve runs back to me- kid looking at card and saying "um thanks." But I was proud of Steve for doing that. I didn't have the guts.
Then we went to the airport, boarded a plane and went home.
We were grateful to find all well at home.
This mini-moon won the award for "Best Food We've Eaten On a Trip". We found the best restaurants there! I'm dreaming of that food still.
So it's been 11 happy years for us. This past year for us has been quite the challenge, but I think we're a lot closer and more in love than ever for it. I get excited at the thought of the years ahead with Steve!

15 comments:

Memzy said...

Loved it!! Thanks for the post. Glad you had such a great time!!

Emily said...

Looks like a great time!! I'm so glad you had a good time.

E said...

That looks so fun! I enjoyed seeing your pictures and reading all about it. I love all that early America history stuff. I hope I get to go there some day.

Cristin said...

YAY!! I love the pictures and I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to go to Boston and now I HAVE too. haha Happy mini moon.

Vegas Family said...

Happy Anniversary/ Mini Moon. I just had my 19th Anniversary and Mini Moon.

cbonitab said...

oh my gosh... that looks awesome! Congrats! It was fun to see you briefly at womens conference. how fun, glad to see all is awesomely fun for you!

Buzy Lizzy said...

Happy Anniversary Amanda. You made a brilliant choice 11 years ago! So glad you had a wonderful trip. You sure packed a lot in for such a short time.

Teresa Johnson said...

Looks like you had fun! Great pics!

Mary said...

I loved Plymouth Plantation when Gus and I took a trip to Massachusetts a few years ago. Lots of fun things to see in that area. Glad you had such a good time and loved the pix.

Kam said...

Yay! I'm so glad you guys had such a great trip. It makes me homesick for Boston, in a good way! Happy Anniversary.

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

That sounds like SUCH a fun trip! AND I could see your cute little baby bump! Way to go Steve with the pass-along card. I don't know if I would have had the guts myself.

Vegas Family said...

I love it back east. So purdy and fun. looks like good times.

Robyn said...

I would love to go to Boston. I'm so glad that you and Steve had a good trip.

Hot Pants said...

I have been bugging Dwight FOREVER to take a trip back east with me. I love going to historical places.
Good thing Molly's nose explosion was just in the bathroom! Both my boys mattresses look like someone has been massacred on them, from nose bleeds. Makes me gag.

Anonymous said...

What a super fun trip we went to philly before we had kids and it was so fun seeing all the history there.