Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cuteness~Thrills & Chills

This is my favorite photo in this post. So I put it up top so that it will be the photo that shows up on all those bloggers who have a photo thumbnail on their feeds. Enjoy. (Painfully Cute) This little boy; we'll call him "Tiny Tim", is in our Primary class. To my delight, he showed up at church today with these extra legs. It was the highlight of my day.
He just cruised down the halls with these, just as happy as could be.
***
Now, as promised, the "Thrills". We went to the State Fair for Family Fun Day yesterday. I was wondering if I could throw Charity's diaper in here.
Told ya it was thrilling. **Rolling my eyes.** I've decided I'm not a huge fan of the fair. You could easily drop as much cash going there as you would going to Disneyland. You be the judge on what place is more worth the cost.
Cell phone pictures stink as bad as being in these buildings to see the livestock. We need to buy a new camera. We have about a $200 budget. Camera people, can you give us suggestions please?
No, I didn't dress my girls in leotards to go to the fair. We had just come straight from gymnastics. Cost to slide down this slide once, taking about 30 seconds: $2. We fell for it.
The kids reactions to the Shark Encounters show.
***
Now for the "Chills". I found some black widows in our garage this week. I've done a decent amount of online research about these freaky things and could give you a report that would give you nightmares.
It would include information about how the females will mate with the males and then kill them. But worst of all, it would talk about how a black widow spider bite could possibly kill your children. Yeah, I've learned what it means to live in fear.
But on to more happy thoughts. Like this lady eating her soup. You can see it was really tasty. And Steve and Charity too. We had a nice lunch date at my new favorite place to go out to eat. Zupas.
This is us at last week's Family Fun Day.
We went skating.
This is the best skating place I've ever been to.

They let you take strollers out on the floor.
And scooters too. And it wasn't busy.

Life is pretty good for us right now. Just please keep our family in your prayers. Pray that the spiders will all be killed asap. Thanks in advance.

10 comments:

Hot Pants said...

Couple things here, one:did tiny tim need the crutches or were they just for fun? And do you always have your camera on hand in case something cute/funny happens at church? And two, did you learn nothing from Sara?!?!?!?!

Other than the spiders, I'll say, good times!

Memzy said...

I can't remember what she was supposed to learn from Sara.

Ewe. Black widows. Oddly enough, we've seen those plenty of times in our lives here in Bake=O and they've never bothered me.

ShelBailey said...

Memz...Go look at Sara's rollerskating accident pic. (unless she's taken it off her blog...)

Spiders, ugh. We have them, too.

Sam is a huge fair fan. Me, not so much. But, we do try and hit a couple of county fairs in the summer...cheaper than the state fair. But, we don't usually eat there. Unless they have Navajo tacos. ;0) And we don't take the kid because we refuse to pay for rides. We go look at all the art/photography/quilting/funky chickens/giant pumpkin exhibits.

Jen said...

I found one in my garage this week too! How do you get rid of them?

Emily said...

Spiders are EVIL. I'll for sure be praying for your safety.

Super funny post. Loved it!

Sarah said...

We just sprayed for those very spiders yuck! I recommend Hunt pest control...not very natural but sometimes chemicals are the only way to go!

E said...

I had the same question as Amy about Tiny Tim.

A swarm of black widows like that would freak me out. I would lose sleep over that for sure.

If you have $200 to spend on a camera, I recommend getting an iPhone. It takes brilliant pictures (did you see our grand canyon pics?), plus... iPhone.

ManicMandee said...

Amy and Jenny,

Yeah, Tiny Tim needed them. Side note, he said his mom taught him how to go down stairs in them. Crazy hu?! He may need a full body cast after attempting a stunt like that.

And Sara's accident did worry me when we went skating. But Celeste wanted to do that and it was her turn to chose. We were careful. no injuries.


Iphones really are good cameras Jenny? I would totally get one. It's not the buying the Iphone that's the problem though. It's the monthly fees that are killer. The only reason Steve has one is his work pays for it.

Anna B said...

I really love your "FFD" posts. So fun and even inspirational.

Dina said...

I love the comparison with the fair and Disneyland...love the cow from behind! Ha!! We got your message late--thanks for thinking of Olivia. I need to take fun lessons ;)