Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our Week

Bowling for FFD yesterday was a hit. I think the bowling shoes are super cool. I want a pair to wear around town.
Now for the action photos.
Eden standing back to see what happens.
Jonah was awesome! He got a few strikes.
Celeste bowled with style.

***
Also this week, Jonah finally got all those Scout awards he earned way back when. His Bear badge, Religious Knot, Outdoors Activity Badge, Leave No Trace Badge, a Gold Arrow Point, two Silver Arrow Points, Progress beads, BB Gun Belt Loop and Archery Belt Loop.
He was so proud of himself! So proud in fact that when it was time to leave for Brigg's football game he told me to hold on a minute. The rest of us got in the car and waited. He came out wearing his Scout shirt all pimped out. He said he wanted everyone to see how awesome he is.
Brigg's game was great too! He is in High School Football. He got a few tackles and blocked a punt kick too. He is amazing. And we enjoyed the view from the stadium.
***
Also this week, I got to go to lunch with a couple of old high school buddies. It was great catching up!
***
Finally, I've got a problem... My garage is giving me anxiety and bugging me big time. I am almost ready to get rid of everything in it. I can't park in it. I can hardly walk in it for that matter. When we moved here all these boxes got sloppily packed and thrown in there and the organization overwhelmed me. Not to mention I felt too crummy when I was pregnant to deal with it. Now that I'm not pregnant, I keep having a hard time getting myself out there to face it.
I've got to buckle down and get it done. After a few pressure tactics on Steve, he's starting to be willing to help out with it. He actually worked on it most of the day yesterday. I was so grateful! But you still can't park in there. And it's still really bad.
I've decided that starting tomorrow, I will only allow myself 15 minutes of computer time each day until that garage is done. That gives me enough time to get a quick check on the outside world, but takes away my temptation to put off the garage doing something more fun. Like spying on all of your blogs and facebook. Cause you guys are much more pleasant than my garage that looks like it was hit by Hurricane Katrina.
But if I am being realistic with myself, I think this is gonna take a minimum of 16 hours to do. Since I don't get large blocks of time to work, this may take a couple of weeks or so. So I'll let myself play on the computer longer on Sundays since I'll take those days off from work anyhow.

6 comments:

KunaBoy said...

Jonah, we are so proud of your Cub Scout accomplishments! We think you are AWESOME! Keep up the great work! We love you lots! G&G Waite

Memzy said...

Garage clean ups SUCK. Good luck!

Cristin said...

Hey it was good seeing you last night on SRBC.

You gize have the best family time!!!

If I was Jonah, I would never take off my scout shirt!! That's a lot of work he has hanging on his shirt.

I'll post a picture of my garage if it'll make you feel better. We've lived here for 9 years so we don't even have an excuse...

Good Luck with it though. I'm sure it'll feel really good to have it clean and organized and able to park in when the snow hits.

E said...

Did you get a new camera, or are these celly pics?

Go cub scouts!

Love bowling shoes, don't love bowling.

We have a special "junk" garage that is separate where we hide all our unmentionables. Our car garage looks immaculate. Works out great. Except we can never find anything.

So glad to see you at SRBC last night. Sorry it was fast and furious! That was worse than usual. Still fun tho.

Emily said...

That first picture is SO cute! I love how you always manage to have such great family time together. your kids are going to cherish those times forever.

I hope you get your garage situation cleaned up soon. I know the feeling of having that hanging over your head. Ours is horrible, but we don't want to clean it up until we close on this house (if we do).

Can't wait to see you in a few days!!!

Sarah said...

Great work Jonah! I know you can do it, you will love parking in the garage this winter!