Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Face time

Celeste said to me the other day "Mom, I know what the hardest part of being a mom is. Not loving the youngest the most."
That's pretty telling of what's going on here isn't it? Don't worry, I gave her all the right answers and have tried harder to give those older kids as much love and affection as I can fit in.
So Celeste, Eden and Becca all are in gymnastics. The best part is their cute bodies in those leotards.
Celeste is in the front row on the right end. Eden is behind her. Becca is two over from Celeste displaying why she could never be a ballerina. She has absolutely no ability to turn her legs out.
Jonah started his Taekwondo career and ended it after only one class. It was a total joke and he hated it. I watched the class and thought it was stupid myself and didn't want to put him through that kind of torture again. (Much less myself.)
The owner/teacher seriously made those kids practice the same lame move the whole class. The simple move only deserved a 30 second practice. Super boring.
But Jonah is running each week with either Steve or I. On Saturday he ran 4 miles in 45 minutes. I thought that was pretty good!

Yesterday we went up the canyon with all the Utah Bishops. Steve worked :( But the kids and I had a great time roasting marshmallows and hanging out with the family.
Our camera gave up the ghost so these are cruddy cell phone pictures.

A couple of funny things said this weekend-

I wasn't in Sacrament Meeting Sunday but Steve said the Bishop got up and called Nursery teachers to form our 5th Ward Nursery Class. (So many kids!) Then he says, and I hope I'm getting this right, "It's ok. Keep having kids. We'll make more [nurseries]."

Also a conversation I had with Celeste.

She was holding Charity and admiring her. She says "She's so perfect."
Me: "I know just like you were"

Celeste: "Yeah, like I was."

Me: "Well, once we turn 8 we all start sinning."

Celeste: "8? You can't start sinning until you're 8?"

Me: "Nope."

Celeste: "But Becca is 6 and she knows when she's doing something wrong or not."

Me: "Yeah, but God doesn't count it as a sin until you're 8."

Celeste: Long pause, thinking. Then she finally says to herself in frustration, "All the things I could have done!"

12 comments:

Nathan and Rebecca said...

I don't think you can do toooo many bad things before you turn 8. Celeste is funny.

Cristin said...

Srsly, all the things I could have done before I was 8...so many....I wish I would have understood that more when I was that age. lol

Memzy said...

Lollerz at Celeste!! Cute leotard bodies!!

Teresa Johnson said...

Hmmmm, things to do before you turn 8....hahaha! Thanks for the update...cute kids!

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I love leotard bums. Not that I can see them in that pic, but I'm assuming.

And I think TBone is getting in his fill before he's 8. If anyone is seeing what he can get away with, it's him.

Got your cute baby announcement, btw. Adorable! Thanks for thinking of ole' Landee!

Emily said...

I can't stop laughing about Jonah and his short lived Tai-qwan--whatever.

SO funny!

Jen said...

Celeste's comment made me laugh so hard. All the things we could have done!! ha! What a smart little cookie!!

Hot Pants said...

I'm sure my kids feel the same way. Howie gets WAY too much face time, and we're all paying the price for it now.
I got your announcement too. So cute!

Kam said...

Ah, the pre-8 innocence! That's so funny, Celeste.

Looks like everyone's having a great time. Your picnic in the hills looks like lots of fun. hard to believe all those kids are growing so fast.

Tell Jonah, even if the class was dumb, he looks pretty cool in his outfit! And the girls too. I love the pic with Becca sticking her legs out... reminds me of me and my lack of coordination.

Looks like you're all having fun. Miss you guys.

mitzi said...

You are such a good mom--I love Celeste's comments. I love it more that you are putting them in writing--I wish I would have done that with more of the cute things my kids said. Hooray for blogging!

Sarah said...

So cute, They all look so cute. I think its so cool Jonah runs, 45 minutes seems awesome!

E said...

Ditto on the announcement! So cute. Sorry about your failed Taekwondo attempt. I hate it when I get all excited about putting my kids in some new program, and it turns out to be a big joke/rip-off. Love the gymnastics outfits!