Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Run down

I'm hoping this is my last post with terrible cell phone pictures. We finally ordered a new camera and are anxiously awaiting its' arrival.

So here's a quick overview of the last couple weeks in our family.
Celeste started taking ballet. She took when she was 5 but got pretty burned out on it. She's finally got the desire to be a ballerina again and that of course is cool to me. I took her to her first class and watched. I got to talking to the owner while Celeste was there and by the time the class was over I was officially the assistant teacher to her class. I didn't plan on teaching ballet again, but am pretty happy about having the chance to be Celeste's teacher. We went to class together this past week and it was really fun being in there again and with my little girl. I could barely squeeze into my ballet clothes. Actually, I couldn't fit into the tights, but Celeste could. She's wearing them in this photo. I had to put on sweatpants instead. So help me, if it's the last thing I do, I'm gonna shed 20 lbs! Look what a cute ballerina she is. Last weekend we had the most fun going to St. George to see Emily run her first marathon! She did awesome and it got me wanting to run a bit more. It was so cute watching my Dad run along side her for a bit. That's him with his arms up like he's the one crossing the finish line. We were so proud of Emily!

Yesterday we all ran a 5K together. This was my first time running a 5k this year and it showed in my time. But at least I ran it all, if you can call it running.
I finished first in the family, (33 minutes), but only because Steve was pushing Charity in the stroller. Otherwise he would have whooped me. Steve, Charity and Celeste finished next.
Then Jonah finished,
Can you even see him there?^^
Eden finished next, and on her scooter :)
And after a long, long wait, Becca finally got her short little legs across that finish line feeling mighty proud of herself. The pride on her face was so adorable! This was Becca and Eden's first races.
Today we were able to hang out with a lot of the Bishop family. Tyler got ordained a Deacon today! It's always nice when Steve's parents come to town.
This week I'm gonna try and finish decorating my living room. I've worked on the painting for 3 days and probably need another couple. I guess It's a bit more than painting. It's really plastering a texture on that is colored. So far, so good. It's just time consuming.

That's all for now.

11 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Sounds like so much fun to run as a family! Great job!! Good luck on your living room - I'm sure it will look awesome as most of your projects do, look at your kids! :)

KunaBoy said...

You guys are the best parents, what a great family activity! We can't wait to see you in 3 weeks!

Cristin said...

You are one busy girl! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Memzy said...

Fun!! Family run!

Katie said...

Wow, you've been busy. Good for you to run a 5k with your kids. I don't know exactly how long it is, but 33 minutes sounds like a pretty good time.

Anonymous said...

Awesome...I want to see your living room when its done.

Anna B said...

Can't wait to see your living room. Glad you guys had a "Fun" run. We didn't go to Cornbelly's. Dollar movies instead.

Teresa Johnson said...

That's so awesome that you ran the 5K as a family! So cool! I remember when I ran a 10K when I was 9 with my dad and sister. I wish I was as cool of a mom as you are!

E said...

I'm so glad to see you running and dancing! You are too talented to give that stuff up for good. Love that it's a family activity for you too.

Emily said...

Thanks for the run down and shout out. You always do such fun things with your kids. Awesome job on the 5k! I don't think I've ever run a 5k in less than 33 minutes. You are gonna smoke me on that half marathon!! Way to go!

Carrie said...

That is great about dance. I am sure no matter what, just having you as teacher for a while will be a great memory for Celeste to look back on. I am sure you don't need me to tell you this, but you should look online for a running stroller. If you are thinking about it again you may have some extra motivation if you just look at it as some alone time with the new baby.