Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lists

So I've had this wallpaper on the floor of my bedroom, still wrapped up and ready to hang for over a month now. I finally broke into it the other day and hung about 1/8th of it. My room looks like a construction zone with that, the furniture moved around, and the ladder still sitting out. I decided I just don't like wallpapering. I don't want to do it. Only problem is, I've got to now that I started. What should I do? I could be working on it right now, but I decided I could blog instead. Give me advice on how to get myself to just do it. Thanks.

In the meantime, I will procrastinate a bit more by writing a meaningless post about things that bug me and Things that make me happy.

Bug- Reminder calls from doctors offices.
Delight- Dogs in cars.
Bug- Loud cereal or popcorn eating.
Delight- Lotion caked on my feet.
Bug- The little bit of grub that gets stuck in the corner on the floor under the cabinet, that I can't get the broom to catch.
Delight- Getting flowers or candy
Bug- People reading over my shoulder
Delight- Snuggling
Bug- Telemarketers/door to door salesmen
Delight- Seeing men shopping at the grocery store with kids
Bug- People who are impatient with kids or judgemental of their parents
Delight- Lists

Well now Charity is screaming. So I can end this and procrastinate more by just comforting her. See ya.

6 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

I am not going to be of much help. I recall wallpapering when I was younger, and it was really not much of a delight to me. But I would be much more inspired if I had someone coming over to help me - something about someone's help makes the whole thing seem more possible.

Cristin said...

You crack me up. Good luck with the wallpaper. I don't know how you have the energy for all of this. I'm so impressed!

Dalana and Mark said...

I've never wallpapered anything. Good luck getting it finished. I like Alysa's suggestion, doing something you dislike while with a friend always makes things better. I like to talk on the phone while a dust and unload the dishwasher (those are two chores I always dread). I enjoyed your list. Have fun in St. George with your family. Happy Thanksgiving to you guys.

Andrea's Mom said...

OMG...
you could be my twin with that post... very odd delights and bugs and I relate to them all
as I read them, I kept thinking it would be a joke and it was my post!

and I love love love lists...

Emily said...

You really hate getting reminder calls from DR's offices? If they don't call I usually don't show up. I'm bugged when theydont call.

I had fun reading this post. You make me laugh!

Stefani B. said...

I'd love to see your wallpaper! Hope you post pictures when it is done. Sorry I haven't gotten with you about the paint. I haven't had a chance to drag Rob to the store to pick a color. Thanks for your offer to help though. You are awesome.