Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ready for this?

The night before last we had a slumber party with mostly cousins. (Last Sunday we had some friends over for dinner and ended up inviting their two kids as well.) We had 12 kids here- including our 5 of course. It was wild. If you don't believe me, check out a couple of "aftermath" photos I took-
Yep. It was fun. It really was! The only un-fun part I guess was putting the house back together, but it was worth it. We'd do it again.
Charity turned 3 months old this week! She's doing really well and is still the best baby.
I found this old picture of my dad and my mom's dog that they gave to Tucker while they were here last. They loved this dog. I mean, I don't even dress up my girls as cute as they dressed up this dog.
Finally, I've got to give you warning that this next picture is not for the faint of heart!!!!
It's a picture of this lady's foot that is seriously injured. I've been helping her out a lot the past few weeks. This woman has been through so much and her story is just heartbreaking! And I'm not even referring to her foot.
You wouldn't believe it, but she actually stepped on glass and it got seriously infected. She waited too long to go to a doctor because she didn't have insurance. By the time she went in to the hospital, it was to the point where she needed surgery. She's had several on this foot now and they aren't sure if they will be able to save it. She will likely have to get it amputated. But she really wants to fight it and keep her foot. So please keep her in your prayers! Her name is Tammie.

10 comments:

Markie23 said...

That looks like one horribly painful ordeal. I'm talking about having all those kids in your house at once. That foot looks pretty bad too.

Cristin said...

Your my hero! My 4 kids are enough for me but to be honest, when we've had other kids over we can barely tell...what's one more to our loud bunch? haha

That is disgusting...I'm trying not to barf but I'm thinking about printing it out and putting it on my fridge to keep me out of it. So thanks lol

Hot Pants said...

I clicked on all your pictures to enlarge them, and the only one that worked was the foot. Poor Tammie!

I have a very strict "NO SLEEPOVER" rule that has served me well. It can only be a family member. And lucky for us, that would really only be Hazel. And she doesn't like to talk. It's actually perfect.

Emily said...

Are you trying to give yourself a nervous breakdown?

Seriously.

You were not exaggerating on the foot thing. I'm horrified! So, you said she stepped on glass, but that looks like the top of her foot?? Don't tell me the bottom of her foot looks the same!

ManicMandee said...

Em- The top of her foot looks like that from the surgeries. They were trying to clean out the infection. The skin wasn't healthy enough to sew back on.

Stefani B. said...

What a good mom/aunt you are! It's been a while since we've had a sleepover. I'm sure my kids will catch on soon and be begging for one again.

Teresa Johnson said...

Wow that foot is nasty! Poor girl!

And you are amazing to have a sleepover with that many kids! I could never do it!

E said...

HER POOR FOOT! That looks horrible. Take good care of her.

Jennifer P. said...

o.k....the foot picture about did me in....but I will pray for the poor lady.

So good to catch up on your life and see pictures of that sweet Charity.

Wishing you all the best and more. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anna B said...

Thanks for including Blythe in you insane overnighter. She had a balst AND a nap that day.

I'm so sorry for your friend. I hope you aren't still running yourself ragged.