Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This is the Bishop Family Blog

3 Posts - 2 Days. Yikes. What's gotten into me?
I got a phone call yesterday from a sweet sweet sweet person concerned I was upset with her.
I got a text from another total sweetheart who was worried my message was about her too.
I got a message from a Facebook Friend who I made feel stupid because she assumed my post was about her. She specifically asked me to knock it off. (Please don't be mad I'm posting again!) But this is my blog and I didn't even think she read it! Hopefully she'll appreciate what I'm about to say.
This post is not about any of the above lovely ladies, I only mention it so you see my reasoning for a decision I've made.
I've decided I gotta not be personal on my blog. Sure it's my blog, but apparently my personalness does harm, which was totally the opposite goal.
I've decided this blog has got to just be about the Bishop Family. General family stuff. I do have another blog that is totally private in which I use as a journal. That's the place for my personal crap that people don't want to hear about anyhow.
It's a new start for this blog. Hope you enjoy!
Sending love to ALL of you.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like a good plan, but just don't forget that what we all love about you is your openness and willingness to share so much of yourself with us. I'm just glad I can pick up the phone and still get that without having to depend on it through your blog. Love ya.

Thanks for the texts last night. I went to bed with a smile!

ManicMandee said...

Thanks Em.
And thanks to all the nice comments I have received here from some really nice people.

I want to say just in case my Facebook Friend sees this and is worried about me telling anyone who she is, or bashing her, I want to say I have not, nor will I. I wont mention who she is to a single soul. Not my husband, not my family or anybody.

Jen and Brent said...

Ok, well, just send me the link for your personal journal blog and we will be fine! :) LOL!!

Swasey family said...

Amanda I love ya girl!!I LOVE your blog too!sometimes its hard just doing a family blog and not putting your feelings in it, I think I have the same issuess.Hope all is well with you guys!We are really trying to get up to SLC in the next few weeks, maybe if time & kids allow us we can gettogether

ManicMandee said...

Jen- Sorry- no link to my blog journal :) But I got a kick out you asking. And like Emily said, I'm just a phone call (or in your case even a visit away) from me spilling my guts to you.
Cassy- I love you too! Thanks for your kindess. I think being less personal should make things a lot easier for all. So no worries. And definitely come to our area! We'd love to put you up and feed you. Or just hang out. That would be so fun!
Take care