Pages

Monday, February 26, 2018

Game Tournament





This was the only photo I got. But I still want to write about this event because it ended up being pretty fun. 
We have been struggling with getting Family Fun Days in lately. Mainly because it is hard to pick an activity that everyone is going to to like. Our kid's ages range from 6-19. So interests are varying a lot. It is hard to find activities that everyone will want to participate in. And it is hard to pay for our family too. So yesterday I decided to try something different. 
I gave each kid an invite and let them give input. I enjoyed the responses. Eden's was my favorite. For a game to play she requested "sleeping contest", which sounded awesome to me! 
We didn't have a sleeping contest. But we put on a log in the fireplace in the kitchen, brought in the studio sound system, played music (people made song requests) that we played loudly, sang, and we played games and ate a lot. Some of us played games of Chess, Checkers, Poker, and we even played Capture the Flag. For Capture the Flag, we split into two teams and Steve and I were captains of each team. We picked kids to be on our team, just like middle school. And my team kicked Steve's team's butt. Ha! I had Andy, Hana, Eden and Jonah. Steve had Cessie, Becca, Charity and Sam. We got a lot of good laughs. We ended up not giving out any cash prizes. Nobody mentioned getting one, and I was just kind of planning on giving a buck to each winner, but we all ended up just giving out chocolate to winners. We all ate a bit too much candy. But it was a lot of fun.

No comments: