Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Calling all first kiss stories

Lately I've been looking back on my life a lot. I think I want to start sharing stories from my checkered past :) Unload my luggage, and take care of all that dirty laundry so to speak. Just joking. I just feel like talking. Or writing I should say. Here's my first installment and I am calling to all of you to share your first kiss stories. Even if it was with a cousin. Correction. Especially if it was with a cousin! You know who you are. I hope Steve isn't dismayed by this. Graphic content ahead.

My first kiss.
I don't typically count this one, but it deserves an honorable mention. I was in first grade and my boyfriend, Rodney, was a younger man. (Kindergarten). We sat on the bus together. We put our jackets over our heads so nobody could see us. We were still in that phase of thinking "if I can't see them, they can't see me" like in peek-a-boo. Very clever. We kissed. He actually slipped his tongue in my mouth and I remember thinking it felt like licking cold raw meat. I was grossed out by it.

Official First Kiss
I didn't kiss anyone again until I was 17 and a freshman in college. (I had graduated HS a bit early.) His name was Grant and I thought he was pretty cute. We ended up dating pretty seriously after our kiss. I was in his apartment and we were standing close together and he just came in for it. I was freaked out!!!! He had a short crop of facial hair and it was scratchy. I did not know what I was doing and it was very clumsy. To this day I bet Grant remembers me as a bad kisser. Are you out there Grant? Sorry buddy!

My first kiss with Steve
By this time I had kissed too many people. I wont give you the details of the kiss but I will say that my heart was hammering and when it was over, I knew that Steve Bishop truly loved me...even passionately. Wow! That was a very unique and special thing. We were engaged a few days later.

9 comments:

eekareek said...

What about Joel?? (Was that his name??)

Jennifer P. said...

Amanda--
I LOVE your blog :)! I always love what I can learn about a person by reading about their daily lives. I had NO idea you went through losing a baby. I am so sorry. I am glad you have been able to find a little peace with it. I love our ward, but I feel there are so many people I still don't know. Thank you for trusting me enough to let me read about you!

Dalana and Mark said...

What a creative post! My first kiss was kind of like your kindergarten story, but I was in the 6th grade. I was staying the night at my friend Melissa's house and her brother David also had a friend over. The 4 of us played a game I believe was called "Post Office". I don't remember many of the details, but we would each take turns going into Melissa's closet and kissing. Good times.

Emily said...

I LOVED this post!!! I totally remember you and Rodney hiding under your jacket on the bus. He was a pervert--in my opinion. My first kiss had to be one of my cousins, but I can't remember!!

Jennifer P. said...

Amanda,
Thanks for stopping by my blog again. I never told you how much I liked this post! If you go back one or two 'older posts' pages on my blog, you'll see a post I did about old boyfriends, and the comments I got were hilarious!

And by the way, my first kiss was when I was 12 with a boy named Mitchell. Total peer pressure moment! It was slimy and cold and horrible and "scared me straight" into kissing anyone else until I was 16! I had nephews who didn't kiss anyone until they proposed!

willmottfamily said...

What?! Grant was your first kiss (outside of childhood)?? Wow. Well my first kiss story isn't that great, but my first with my husband deserves a laugh. Scott and I were hanging out at his apartment in the living center (LDS college housing outside of MSU) and he kissed me by accident, like a reflex, as if we had kissed before. When he realized it, he explained himself. I didn't mind, it was much better than the nervous build up that normally happens. Kissing for us has stayed natural ever since.

E said...

Didn't you kiss a boy in one of those concrete tubes at the playground? And then steal his hat? Anyway, I remember you started dating Grant about the time I started dating Anthony, and you insisted you were going to marry him. Aren't you glad that didn't work out? I'm glad I didn't marry the guy I "officially" kissed first.

ManicMandee said...

Jenny and Sara, I do remember the incident in the tube, but we did not kiss. Thought about it, wanted to, got encouraged by you guys, but didn't.

Anna B said...

I seriously don't remember who my first kiss was but I'm pretty sure it was a cousin. Thanks for the memories.