Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Photos of the last few days

Andy and Hana playing in their backyard for the first time.
Hana after I tried to do her hair for the first time. Just taking out all of her ponies and tiny braids took over an hour! When it was all taken out and I brushed it, I felt like crying. Her head was one GIANT poof. I didn't know what I had gotten myself into and I didn't know how I was gonna get myself out of it. But here's what the end result was. Fortunately, you don't do black girls hair daily like you do with white girls.
The kids at the park for the first time.


Our first dinner together. Injera, Shiro Wat and Doro Wat. They liked it!
When some of our Ethiopian friends came for a visit.
Hana at the temple.
Andy giving a good effort at trying to tolerate the camera.
All of our beautiful children at the temple. Love all of these guys a ton. Great great kids.

Everything has honestly gone way better than we had expected so far. The kids are adjusting so well. Yesterday was Steve's first day back at work and I had the kids for 12 hours alone. It went surprisingly well. We had to go to the doctor because I thought Charity might be getting an ear infection. Turns out she was fine. Then we went to the Library which they loved. It was fun seeing them pick out books. We also went to the literacy center to meet their tutor and to the temple and to get ice cream. Today we went to a bounce house place that they loved. They all played hard. Andy came out of one of them with a bloody mouth, but didn't even seem upset. I washed him up and he was right back at it.

I have a lot to write about in my personal journal, but what exactly do you guys want to hear about? I don't want to bore you with pages of boring details.

8 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

What do Andy and Hana like the most about America so far, besides finally being with their family? Are you trying to fix a lot of Ethiopian food for them, or are they mostly getting "American" type dishes? What kinds of things do the kids like to do together at home? I can hardly wait to meet these 2 little people, just so you know!

Hot Pants said...

I love hearing it all!! Just keep it coming!

Jen said...

I want to hear about EVERYTHING!!!!
----Jen Tate

Anonymous said...

I like hearing it all too! I think it is an amazing story, definitely not boring.

Kristin Silva

Teresa Johnson said...

I love reading all about it as well...so keep it coming! How is their English? Are y'all able to communicate with them ok?

Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job on Hana's hair. She looked so cute in her dress. Do they speak any English? Is it hard for them to communicate with your other kids? Congratulations! How is your pregnancy going BTW? When is your due date again?

Stefani B. said...

Have you seen these brushes? I bought one for Ali's impossible hair, and it works great...read through the reviews. Sounds like it's a lifesaver for black hair!

http://www.amazon.com/Tangle-Teezer-O-HH-010210-Original-Pink/dp/B00264NW7G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307553326&sr=8-1

The Purple Lady said...

This was super interesting. Thanks for sharing it with everyone. Hope things just keep on going well for you.