Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Cottswalds & Stratford May 6

On Tuesday I drove to Castle Combe.  It is an ancient town that still looks ancient.  It was so tiny and cute and quiet and beautiful.  Apparently it is used for period films and they only need to cover the paved streets with dirt, and they're good to go!
Pretty church and cemetery.
The houses.

On the drive in the country I saw a lot of these beautiful bright yellow fields.  

Next I went to Bourton on the Water.  Such a cute little town with a lot of fun shops.

There were so many baby ducks trying to swim upstream on the river.
Finally I went to Stratford Upon Avon where I parked in front of Poundland; the Brittish equivalent to US Dollar stores.
This town was so cool!
This is where Shakespeare was born.
And this is where he was buried.
If you look closely on the center wreath it says "Happy 450 Birthday"
The outside of the church where he was buried.
When I got back into town, Steve got off work and we left for London.  We saw Wicked!  They did a fantastic job.  We really enjoyed it!

No comments: