Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Countryside May 5th

Sunday was a low key day.  We went to church in Staines.  The ward there was incredibly friendly!  I was hugged by a lot of strangers.  The Spirit was strong.  We loved it.  We just relaxed most of the day and walked around town some.

Monday was a bank holiday so the temple was open.  I rented a car early in the morning and drove there and was able to do a session of initiatories as well as an endowment session.  It was so nice.  
Then I drove to Brighton.  I love this town!  I was surprised when I got to the ocean that there was no sand, just rocks.  I was talking to a man who said that was normal.  Not so comfortable to lie in!  But very pretty.
The Pier was fun with shops, restaurants and even a little amusement park.
Next I went over to the Royal Palace.  It was shockingly elaborate inside, but no photos were allowed.

I got back that night right as Steve was getting off work.  We went out to eat at Loch Fyne.  Although, I only had a tiny side salad with nothing on it.  I have kept my special WOW Experiment diet this whole trip, so I have been eating fresh produce from the store and nuts and such.  It saves me money and time and keeps me feeling good anyhow!
Steve got the traditional fish and chips.

Afterwards we walked through Runnymede.  It was gorgeous!  This is the area where the Magna Carta was signed.
The livestock here looks so much prettier and healthier and has such pretty wide spaces to graze.  I like that.

These cows came running up to us.


Steve was showing me the key to Fusion's office they loaned him.  We got a kick out of the old school ness of it.


No comments: