Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Henges & Salsbury

On Wednesday I drove to Avebury where the town was vacant.  (Although I did get there early in the morning.)  It was so pretty and so quiet.  They have a few very large henge circles that are in and around the town,  You can walk right up to them and touch them, unlike Stonehenge.  
The sheep grazing let me walk right up to them too.
These baby sheep snuggling with each other, and a henge.
The church there.
Then I drove to Stonehenge.  I just parked on the side of the highway and took photos from there rather than pay the entrance fee.
Lastly, I drove to Salsbury.  The cathedral was way better than I imagined.  I believe it is the tallest in the country.  
The oldest working clock in the world.
They had these standards from actual battles there.
The standard below was from a battle with America.
The baptismal font.
I think it is cool how all the cathedrals have all these interesting people buried there, or in these pretty carved boxes inside the cathedral.

The museum there in Salsbury.
A meteor in the museum.
Faccetime with the kids when I got back.  I miss them!
Steve and like shopping at Tesco.  Him at checkout.

No comments: