Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

About Jonah



I wanted to post this video.  It seems really random and that there is no point to it.  This is mostly for me.
Jonah is a bit of a strange kid.  He's quirky and he owns it.  I don't talk about this much, but he is bipolar.  And this spills over into his personality.  Some days, (a lot of them lately,) he just wants to be alone and in his room and hide away.  He can really turn inward and want to be removed from everything.  Because of this, he usually hates to get his picture taken and video taken of him.  So I just don't have much of him because he will often get mad if I try to.  And then he has this other part of him that is very outward and silly and fun.   Unfortunately I don't get to see this side of him enough.  He will do it at school more or for friends, or for drama at school.  Sometimes when he is like that for just the family, and I want to capture it, his mood will immediately change.  Anyhow, this video is one that was important to me because it is a rare occasion where he is in a good mood, is enjoying himself, and so I whipped out the camera and he didn't care!  I was happy to capture the moment!  Yesterday I took the kids to the movies and out to lunch.  And he was so happy the entire time.  And he actually let me document it.  :)  Happy mom :)

No comments: