Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Meetchya Day Anniversay

 January 30th 2011 was the day that we met Andy and Hana face to face for the first time in the orphanage.  So we just celebrated our 4 year Meetchya Day Anniversary!  I made this side by side comparison photo of them then and now.  I can't tell you how blown away I am at the growth and change we have seen in these two.  I hope this doesn't sound bad, but I feel as though Andy is my greatest source of pride in my life thus far.  Andy came here so beaten down in his life to the point of almost no return.  Many times over the last four years we have cried (sobbed even,)  prayed, worried, and wondered whether he was going to be able to pull through it or not.  It has been one of the most difficult things we have gone through.  He still has a long ways to go.  And as dramatic as I describe it, believe me, it was much more dramatic than that.  
Nobody but him, Steve and I, and God know the incredible growth and change this young man has worked through.  And it has become my greatest sense of accomplishment.  I don't think we are out of the woods with him yet.  But we have a great deal of hope and expectations for him. 
Now I don't want to minimize our sweet Hana.  She just came here ready to go and carry on after what she had gone through.  Although we know her life prior to us was not nearly as painful as Andy's.  She was younger and more resilient too.  We love all of our children so very much.  They each just have their own stories and trials and triumphs.  And we are proud of them all. 

1 comment:

Waites said...

So glad these two joined our family!!!