Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

My Chaos

Today was another hectic day.  What day isn't?!  It started with laundry, cleaning, and making a couple of pans of lasagna for dinner tonight, (while taking care of Charity and Sam.)  After lunch I took Charity to kindergarten and put Sam down for a nap.  While he slept, I spent 2 hours working on my new math class that started this week.  Then the kids got home from school and it was, as always, chaos as everyone raided the kitchen and began homework.  It's during this time that I always frantically try to answer a dozen questions and requests at once.  This was also the moment Jonah and Eden let me know that they needed to cook 10 seperate recipes to be turned in to their foods class by Friday or they would fail.  (They were telling me this today.  ie:  Wednesday afternoon.)  They knew about this all term, but waited until today to tell me about this project.  I knew with tomorrow being my ballet day where I teach 3 classes and take 1 class, there would not be time to do this except for squeezing it in today.  Anyhow, I found this out 5 minutes before all of the Activity Day Girls were to arrive at the house for an activity I was in charge of.  So I hurried and got on the computer and printed up 10 recipes.  I told Jonah to have my grocery list ready by the time the activity was over.  I had already gone grocery shopping yesterday, so I resented having to go again.  Then the Activity Day girls arrived.  I taught them how to make their own homemade pizzas and they loved those. Then we made these time capsule letters.  Charity and Sam went nuts during the activity.  NUTS!  What is it about having guests over that turns your children into possessed demons?  As soon as Activity Days was over, I threw the lasagna in the oven and told the kids I was making a mad dash for the store for Jonah and Eden's cooking project.  But before I left, Andy and Becca asked me to buy things for their Science projects which are also due soon.  Yikes, Science Fair :/ (Jonah and Eden also have Science projects to wrap up.)  I add Becca and Andy's supplies to the list and rush out the door.  When I get back, Steve is home and we all sit down to dinner.  As soon as dinner is done, Jonah, Eden and I spend two intense hours trying to quickly make 10 different recipes and document it for the teacher with 60+ photos to prove their work.
I send the photos to Walgreens online and hurry and clean up the disaster that was left in the wake.  
I run to Walgreens and pick up the photos.  Then I run to the gym and do a hard workout of weight training and a speed run.  I pick Andy up from his basketball practice at 10pm, then head home.  I showered and got to bed.  And that is where I am now.  It's 12am.  I am beside my sweetheart as he snores and I am entirely too wound up to sleep.  So here I am blogging from my phone.
Yep, just another typical day.  Phew!

No comments: